Anurup Bhattacharya is an Indian geologist. Anuroop Bhattacharya was born in the city of Kolkata. Anuroop Bhattacharya and his wife gained public attention for their fight to regain custody of their children from the Norwegian foster care system. Their children were taken away by the authorities because of “poor parenting”.
Anoop Bhattacharya was born in the city of Kolkata, Bengal. He belongs to a Hindu Brahmin Bengali family. Anujan Bhattacharya’s father is Ajay Bhattacharya and his mother is Krishna Bhattacharya. He has a dentist elder brother named Arunabhas Bhattacharya. In 2006, Anoop Bhattacharya married Sagarika Bhattacharya.
In 2004, he obtained his M.Sc Tech, Geophysics degree from Banaras Hindu University.
Physical Appearance:- Height (approx): 5′ 9″, Weight (Approx): 89kg, Hair Colour: Black, Eye Colour: Black
During his college years, he worked as a Senior Research Scholar at the National Geophysical Research Fellow in Heat Flow Studies and in Seismic Gravity and Magnetic Studies at NCAOR with the Government of India Project for the Delineation of the Ligular Continental Shelf. He then worked as a geologist for Schlumberger Information Solutions until 2011, when he and his wife relocated to Norway. He has been a senior geologist at Landmark Graphics since 2011.
Anuj Bhattacharya and Sagarika Bhattacharya moved to Norway in 2006. According to reports, the family was investigated by Child Welfare Services for several months. Authorities removed their children (Abhigyan, 4 years old and Aishwarya, 1.2 years old at the time of the incident) in May 2012, citing concerns about their parenting abilities.
The allegations against her included objections to Sagarika hand-feeding the baby and children sharing the same bed as their parents, both of which are common in Indian households. Parents were also accused of providing inappropriate clothing and toys for their children, as well as not providing enough space for them to play.
Furthermore, Sagarika was accused of slapping her child, despite the fact that it was only a one-off incident. Child Welfare Services, also known as Barnvarnet, is responsible for the protection of children in Norway and has enforced strict rules since 1997, regardless of the cultural background of families. A light slap is illegal according to their law, and the organization provides counselling, advisory services and support measures, such as external support contacts, respite measures and access to daycare.
Bhattacharya was receiving advice and claimed to have followed it. The custody of the children was transferred to Anurup Bhattacharya’s brother after a diplomatic spat and struggle between the parents and the authorities. Eventually the children were allowed to return home with their mother. The incident also raised diplomatic tensions between India and Norway.
|Date of Birth|| 1985
|Age ( as in 2023)||38 Years|
|Birth place||Kolkata, India|
|Food Habits||Non Vegetarian|
|School||High Schooling from Kolkata|
|University/ College||Banaras Hindu University.|
|Educational qualification||M.sc tech Geophysics 2003|
Anurup Bhattacharya’s Physical status
Affairs and more
|Marital Status||Married (2007)|
|Girlfriend/ Wife||Sagarika Bhattacharya|
Family and more
|Brother||Arunabhas Bhattacharya (Dentist)|
|Favorite Food||Rajma Chawal, Spicy Chicken, Biscuits and Banana Chips|
|Favorite Actor||Mithun Chakraborty, Sanjay Dutt|
|Favorite Actress||Zeenat Aman and Kareena Kapoor|
|Favorite Fashion Designer||Tom Ford and Giorgio Armani|
|Favorite Perfume||Creed Royal Water|
|Favorite song||Tere Bina from the film Guru|
|Favorite Singer||A.R. Rehman and Shreya Ghoshal|
|Favorite Destination||Europe, Paris, Bali and Goa|
Hobbies and Money Factor
|Hobbies||Watching movies, Driving, Sketching and Travelling.|
|Net Worth||5-6 crore INR|
Social Media ID
|Facebook ID||Click to follow|
|Instagram ID||Click to follow|
|YouTube ID||Click to follow|
Unknown Facts About Anurup Bhattacharya
- Does Anurup Bhattacharya drinks alcohol? No
- Does He Smokes? No
- Who is close friend of Him ? Sagarika Chakraborty.
- Anurup Bhattacharya was born in the city of Kolkata, Bengal.
- He belongs to a Hindu Brahmin Bengali family. Simat Bhattacharya’s father is Ajay Bhattacharya and his mother is Krishna Anurup Bhattacharya. He has a dentist elder brother named Arunabhas Bhattacharya. Sagarika Bhattacharya married Sagarika Bhattacharya in 2006.
- 3 years of chaos and an arduous custody battle, interference from the Indian government, numerous protests, and was a shining light on the many issues raised, along with cultural differences, racism, and many other issues.
- Eleven years later, Sagarika’s painful fight to get her children back has been made into a film, starring Rani Mukerji in the lead. Smt Chatterjee Vs Norway is released on 27 March 2023.
- In late 2008, Anoot Bhattacharya, a geophysicist, married Sagarika, and the two moved to Norway to start a new life.
- In 2009, Sagarika returned to the city of Kolkata when she became pregnant for the first time with Abhigyan, and she lived there for a year.
- During this period, her child began showing “autism-like” symptoms. Both returned to Norway in 2008 to join Analog.
- By 2011, the two have placed Abhigyan in the family kindergarten and Sagarika becomes pregnant with their second child. Because Anoop had long working hours, he spent a lot of time alone with the boy.
- At this point, Abhigyan begins to show concerning characteristics, in which he starts banging his head on the ground when he is very frustrated.
- He also showed many signs of difficulty communicating, and he did not make eye contact.
- Norway has an extremely strict child protection system for these types of children, and a strong history of extensive regulations for citizens living in the country. For example, even a light or joking slap is illegal in this area.
- The rules fail to consider that in many countries and cultures, parents believe in a ‘leave the stick, spoil the child’ approach.
- Regardless, in rural Norway, an anonymous tip is enough to send CWS’s team out the door.
- Sagarika, who had gone months without seeing her children, is living a peaceful life with her children. For more see Mrs Chatterjee v Norway.
People Also Ask About Anurup Bhattacharya
1. Who is Anurup Bhattacharya ?
ANS:- Anurup Bhattacharya and his wife gained public attention for their struggle against the Norwegian foster care system to get back the custody of their children. Her children were taken away from her by the authorities on the grounds of “poor parenting”.
2. Who is Anurup Bhattacharya wife?
ANS:- Sagarika Bhattacharya is his wife.
3. Where are Anurup and Sagarika Bhattacharya now?
ANS:- Sagarika is working with an MNC in Delhi. The children live with their parents in West Bengal. Her geophysicist husband remained in Norway accordingly.
4. Who is the owner of the analog?
ANS:- Anurup Bhattacharya was founded in 1975 by Mrs. Anjali Kanitkar and since its inception, has been working hard in the field of match-making with passion and personal touch.
5. How old is Sagarika Bhattacharya?
ANS:- Eight months after her children returned to India after a long legal battle in Norway, Sagarika Bhattacharya will be able to take them home. The Calcutta High Court granted the 30-year-old actress the custody of her son Abhigyan and daughter Aishwarya.