Divya Dua, known professionally as Divya Khosla Kumar is a well known Indian Actress, producer, and director and Fashion Model who primarily works in Hindi Movies. Divya was born on 20 November 1987 in Delhi, India. She attended Delhi’s Janki Devi memorial College to pursue a Bachelor Of Commerce (Honors) . Divya Mother is a former teacher and her father is a businessman(owned a small printing press in Delhi). Divya’s maternal grandfather was in Indian Army. She has directed various advertisements and has also featured in some music videos. She is married to Bhushan Kumar, the chairman and managing director of T-Series music label and film production company.
Divya started her career by featuring in a music video titled ‘Honey Honey’ starring Salman Khan. she started her acting career in 2004 with the Bollywood film “Ab Tumhare Hawale Watan Saathiyo” in which she played the role of ‘Shweta Rajeev Singh’. In the same year, She made debut in “Love Today’ in Tamil Language movie.
|Name||Divya Khosla Kumar|
|Profession||Bollywood Actress, fashion model, Dancer and social media influencer|
|Famous for||Being the wife of Bhushan Kumar, the chairman and managing director of T-series|
|Date of Birth||20 November 1987|
|Divya Khosla Kumar’s Age ( as in 2022)||35 years|
|Birth place||Delhi, India|
|Residence||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|College/ University||Janki Devi memorial College, Delhi, India|
Divya Khosla Kumar’s Physical stats
|Weight (approx.)||52 kg|
Divya Khosla Kumar’s Affairs
|Boyfriend/ Husband||Bhushan Kumar|
Family and more
|Father||Not Known (Businessman)|
|Mother||Not Known (Former Teacher)|
|Favorite Actor||Salman Khan and Hrithik Roshan|
|Favorite Actress||Madhuri Dixit, Priyanka Chopra, Ellen DeGeneres|
|Favorite Singer||Lata Mangeshkar|
|Favorite Filmmaker||Zoya Akhtar, Farah Khan, Meghna Gulzar|
|Favorite Author||Arthur Conan Doyle and Arvind Adiga|
|Favorite Color||Pink, Orange, White, Black and Red|
|Favorite Fashion Brand||Sabyasachi|
Hobbies and Money Factor
|Net Worth||20 – 25 Crores|
Social Media ID
|Facebook ID||Click to follow|
|Instagram ID||Click to follow|
|YouTube ID||Click to follow|
Unknown Facts About Divya Khosla Kumar
- Divya Khosla Kumar is an Indian Actress, Film Producer, and film director.
- She grew up in a middle-class conservation family in Delhi.
- Divya was academically good in her school and college days.
- Her Mother didn’t allow her to watch films much in her childhood. Talking about it in an interview, Kumar Said,”I hardly watched movies; I was very studious. That was my life in Delhi. My Mother never really encouraged watching cinema also so much. We used to watch very limited movies”.
- At the age of 18, Divya bagged a few print advertisements.
- When she was 20 years old, she relocated to Mumbai.
- During her initial days in Mumbai, Divya used to travel by local trains. During those days she lived in shared PGs and Changed as many as seven PGs in one year.
- In Mumbai, Divya First bagged a music video titled ‘Honey Honey’. She was featured in the video opposite Salman Khan.
- Next, she featured in the music videos “Aiyyo Rama” (2000) by Falguni Pathak, “Kabhi Yaadon Mein Aaun” (2003) by Abhijeet Bhattacharya, and “Zid Na Karo Ye Dil Ka Mamla Hai” (2003) by Roopi Johri and Kunal Ganjawala.
- In 2004, she was cast in the film ‘Ab Tumhare Hawale Watan Saathiyo”, Divya came in Touch with Bhushan Kumar. Bhushan was quite impressed with Divya and exchanged his phone number with Divya. Soon, The duo began Chatting, but Divya stepped back after a while after Knowing about Bhushan’s Casanova image in the industry. However, Bhushan was serious about Divya and sent his cousin, Ajay Kapoor, to Delhi and asked him to talk with Divya. Thereafter, He invited Kumar and her family to his sister’s wedding and things got settled there.
- After her marriage to Bhushan, Divya took a long break from her acting career.
- It was in 2014, that she decided to make her directorial debut with the Bollywood film “Yaariyan”. Divya not Just directed the film, but also, Choreographed five songs from the film-“Baarish”, “Maa”, “Love Me Thoda Aur”, “Allah-Waariyan”, and “Zor Lagake”.
- In 2019, Divya was featured in Neha Kakkar’s song “Yaad Piya Ki Aane Lagi”.
- She was also featured in the song “Besharam Bewaffa” by B-Praak in 2020.
- In 2021, Divya bagged the role of ‘Sita Rameshwar’ in the Bollywood film “Satayameva Jayate 2”.
- Khosla loves dancing, writing, and reading in her leisure time.
- Her maternal grandfather was in the Indian army.
- Divya and her family lived in a rented house in Delhi until she was in class in 10.
- Divya revealed in an Interview that one of the first films that she ever watched in theatre was “Hum Aapke Hain Koun” (1994).
- Divya has been featured on the covers of magazines like AsiaSpa.
- Her source of Inspiration is her mother and her mother-in-law.
- Divya has a deep faith in Lord Ganesha.
- In 2020, when Divya walked the ramp for the Lakme Fashion week 2020, she suffered a wardrobe malfunction. However, she managed it gracefully and completed her walk.
1.What Sonu Nigam said about Divya Khosla Kumar?
Ans. Sonu Nigam is Thankless: Divya Khosla Kumar
Further, she called him ‘thankless’ for not supporting T-Series after Gulshan Kumar was shot dead in 1997. “Bhushan was 18 and clueless, Sonu Nigam thought the company has no future and so he signed up with another music company.”
2.How Divya Khosla Kumar became famous?
Ans. Kumar started modelling at 18 and moved to Mumbai at 20 where she got her Bollywood break and where she also met Bhushan Kumar. She started her career as an actress with the 2004 Telugu film Love Today opposite Uday Kiran. She also appeared in a video of pop song “Aiyyo Rama” sung by Falguni Pathak.
3.What is the relation between Divya Khosla and Tulsi Kumar?
Ans. Divya Khosla Kumar is Tulsi’s sister-in-law. In 2015, she married businessperson Hitesh Ralhan in Nepal. The couple has a son, born in 2017.
4.How did Divya and Bhushan meet?
Ans. Bhushan Kumar first met Divya Khosla Kumar in the year 2004 on the sets of her debut film ‘Ab Tumhare Hawale Watan Saathiyo’. Everyone knows Bhushan Kumar, son of Gulshan Kumar, chairman and managing director of T-Series Music and Film Production Company, but very few people know about his love story.
5.Who is the husband of Divya Kumar?
Ans. Bhushan Kumar