Rehana Fathima, also known as Suryagayatri of Kerala, is an Indian women’s rights activist.
She is from a telecommunications and modeling background since 2014, and has participated in various protests against moral policing and sexism in her life. Fathima gained widespread attention in October 2017 when she was one of two women who attempted to enter the Sabarimala temple in Kerala following the Supreme Court’s decision to lift the ban on women of menstrual age. Her dedication to this same social service has led to legal consequences for her activism, including arrest for allegedly objectionable Facebook posts and body painting videos.
Rehana Fathima Pyarijan Suleman was born in Kochi, Kerala, into a conservative and middle-class Muslim family. Her father Pyarijan Suleman died when she was in 12th standard. He has only one sister in his family.
He did his primary and secondary education from Government Higher Secondary School, Ernakulam. Fatima completed her B.Com and MCA degree from Indira Gandhi National Open University with first rank.
Fathima worked with BSNL as a telecom technician till May 2021, when she was forced to take compulsory retirement.
Fatima started her career with modeling but later became a women’s rights activist. Rehana has also acted in a Malayalam film titled ‘Eka’, which was directed by her husband Manoj K Sridhar. Her husband is a poet and is a graduate of Pune Film Institute. The film depicts the biography of intersex individuals. According to The Quint in 2019, “Eka’s poster had the tagline: ‘I am intersex. I am born with a penis and a vagina. I want to live.
love protest kiss
Fathima and her fellow film-maker Manoj K Sridhar participated in the 2013 Kiss of Love protest in Kochi against moral policing.
onam tiger mask dance
Fathima also participated in the Puli Kali (annual Onam tiger mask dance) in 2020, a popular event in Thrissur that usually sees the presence of an all-male troupe.
Scroll.in reports that in March 2017, Rahna joined a protest and “stormed social media by posting photos with watermelons covering her breasts in protest against a professor who asked women to say Said women who don’t cover their chest enough show their breasts like watermelons.” “. in a shop.” “The Quint reported that “the photo received both support and backlash from people, and was taken down by social media after a spate of trolls and derogatory comments.”
For centuries, women of childbearing age (around 12–52 years of age) have been prohibited from worshiping at the Sabarimala temple in Kerala, India. Some devotees believe that the deity of the temple is observing celibacy and that women who can give birth to children may distract them from their fast. According to an NDTV article in 2020, some believe that the denial of entry to women is rooted in the long-standing cultural belief that menstruating women are “impure”.
In September 2019, after a 21-year legal challenge, the Supreme Court of India lifted the ban. In 2020 The Quint reported “While announcing the judgment, CJI Mishra said that a woman is no less than a man and patriarchy cannot be allowed to win over faith, while Justice Chandrachud said that women It is against the constitution to believe in a lesser god as a child.
According to Scroll.in, in October 2017, Rehana was one of three women of menstrual age, almost the second woman, to enter the Sabarimala temple in Kerala after the Supreme Court allowed women of all ages to worship there. was allowed. The two women were escorted by 85 police officers in riot gear, but were stopped at the holy steps of the shrine by a group of around 305 people. The Quint, The News Minute and India Today reported that later, Fathima’s house was ransacked and ransacked.
|Rehana Fathima Pyarijaan Sulaiman
|Social activist & model
|Making the first attempt to enter the ayyuppa temple at sabrimala, entry to which was earlier restricted for women in meanstruating age.
|Date of Birth
|30th May 1986
|Rehana Fathima’s Age ( as in 2023)
|Kochi, Chennai, India.
|Kochi, Chennai, India.
|Government Higher Secondary School, Ernakulam
|Indira Gandhi National Open University
Rehana Fathima’s Physical stats
Rehana Fathima’s Affairs
Family and more
|N/A (Will Update Soon)
|N/A (Will Update Soon)
|1 Sister Name Not know
|Dahi vada, Gulab Jamun, Sambar Rice.
|Shah Rukh Khan , Rjanikantha
|Mani Ratnam and Prabhu Deva
|Over Dressed by Elizabeth L Cline
|Happy by Clinique
|France, Dubai and South Africa
Hobbies and Money Factor
|Dancing, Gymming, Reading and Yoga
Social Media ID
|Click to follow
|Click to follow
|Click to follow
People Also Ask about Rehana Fathima
- Does she drink alcohol or not? Yes
- Does she smoke sigrate or not? Yes
- Who is the close friend of Rehana Fathima? Her Husband (Manoj Sreedharan)
- Have any children of Fathima? Two Children (Name not known)
- In November 2017, BBC News reported that Fathima had been arrested for 13 days after police received complaints about an October 2017 selfie she had posted on Facebook.
- According to BBC News, the picture “depicts him dressed in black (devotees of the god Ayyappa wear colourful colours), his forehead smeared with sandalwood paste in the Hindu traditional way, and the god imitating the classic Ayyappa posture”. His knees are drawn in front to perform”, but the information received by the police included that the picture was “‘sexually explicit’ and ‘hurts the religious sentiments of the devotees of Lord Ayyappa'”. or derogatory, and asked, “What about the men who go bare-chested or show their thighs at Sabarimala? How is that not derogatory?”
- Because of the body painting video, in June 2021, Fathima was arrested after posting a video which The Times of India described as “painting her pre-teen son to paint on her naked torso”. was published.
- The Press Trust of India reported that in her bail application in the court, she said “the allegations prima facie would not constitute any punishable offense which are non-bailable in nature,” and added “she was an activist who fought against body discrimination”. demanding her rights,” and “that nudity is required so far as discussions on the body and body parts are concerned.” According to Mumbai Mirror, the title of the photo was ‘Body and Politics’.
- The High Court of Kerala rejected her anticipatory bail plea in the POCSO case against Rehana Fathima, following which she filed a Special Leave Petition in the Supreme Court in 2021 against the High Court’s decision.
- In August 2021, the Supreme Court of India rejected Rehana Fathima’s anticipatory bail plea, saying she was spreading obscenity using social media.
- On 8 August 2020, Rehana Fathima surrendered before the Circle Inspector of Ernakulam Town South Police as her anticipatory bail application was rejected by the Supreme Court.
- From the “Gomata Ularthu” video In November 2021, Hindustan Times reported that the Kerala High Court ordered Rehana Fathima not to use the word “gomatha” (a general reference to holy or sacred cows) as a synonym for beef , because “if it is so believed by the many Hajas and millions of Hindus all over the country, surely, the use of the word Gaumata as a synonym for meat used in a cookery show, prima facie, offends the religious sentiments of those believers is likely to cause injury,” the decree suggested, according to the court.
- Fathima was heard repeatedly referring to the meat as “gomatha” after posting a video of her cooking on social media in May 2021
- The title of which was “Gomatha Uluruthu” and the beef was called “Gomatha”.
- In February 2022, the Supreme Court granted a partial stay on the Kerala High Court’s order restraining Rehana from “displaying, disseminating, sharing, uploading or publishing any material or comments through any public view and electronic media”. was barred from airing, but directed that the ban on it remain in place, according to The Indian Express, disseminating any comment affecting religious sentiments.”
People Also Ask About Rehana Fathima
1. Who is Rehana Fathima?
ANS:- Rehana Fathima is an Indian women’s rights activist. She is also known by the name of Suryagayatri by the people.
2. Who is the husband of Rehana Fathima?
ANS:- Rehana Fathima’s husband’s name is Manoj Sridhar, who supports Kalpana in her works.
3. Because of what Rehana Fathima has become famous among the people?
ANS:- Making the first attempt to enter the Ayyappa temple at Sabarimala, entry to which was earlier restricted to women of average age.
4. Which religion does Rehana Fathima belong to?
ANS:- Rehana is an enemy belonging to the religion of Islam.
5. For what reason did the court dismiss the court?
ANS:- The Kerala High Court has quashed a criminal case against women’s rights activist Rehana Fathima. She gave birth to Query in June 2021.
6. Has Rehana Fathima film also been shelved?
ANS:- Yes, she did a Malayalam film titled “Eka” in 2017 directed by her husband Manoj Sridhar. The film is based on true events, has been referred to as the most violent Indian film of the year, Eka is the first Indian film to discuss intersex gender, born with both male and female genitalia.