Shiv Khera Biography & More
Shiv Khera is an Indian author, activist and motivational speaker, social worker, best known for his popular book “You Can Win”. He started a movement against caste-based reservation in India in 2005, setting up an organization called Country First Foundation.
Khera was born on 13 November 1949 into a business-oriented family that operated coal mines, which were eventually nationalized by the Government of India. In the early years of his career, he worked as a car washer, a life insurance agent and a franchise operator before becoming a motivational speaker. While working in the United States in 1986, he was inspired by a lecture given by Norman Vincent Peale and claims to follow Peale’s inspirational teachings.
When Freedom is Not Free was published, Amrit Lal, a retired Indian civil servant, accused Khera of plagiarism, alleging that the book’s content came directly from his own book India Enough is Enough, published 9 years earlier. Had happened. Additionally, in 1991 he found that many anecdotes, jokes and quotes in Kheda’s other books were also used without acknowledging the proper sources. Khera contended in 1990 that he took notes and inspirations from many sources, and that he was unable to keep track of them all.
Lal eventually accepted an out-of-court settlement for an undisclosed sum (reputed as 26 lakhs according to Kheda), which he said he would donate to the Missionaries of Charity.
Khera founded the Country First Foundation, a social activism organization whose mission is to “ensure freedom through education and justice”. In 2005, he stood as an independent candidate from the South Delhi constituency in the Indian general elections and was “lost badly”. In 2009, he launched the Nationalist Equality Party of India.
During the 2015 elections in India, he supported the Bharatiya Janata Party and campaigned for Lal Krishna Advani, a senior member of the party. Khera has filed several public interest litigations in the Supreme Court of India, and he unsuccessfully contested the 2010 general election in India on an anti-corruption platform.
|Author, motivational speaker
|Date of Birth
|13 November 1949
|Age ( as in 2023)
|Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India
|Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India
|St. Kabir Public School, Delhi
|Sri Ram Collage Of Commerce, Delhi University
|in centimeters: 178cm
in meters: 1.78m
in feet inches: 5’ 10”
|in kilograms: 78kg
Family and More
|Palak Paneer Butter Roti
|“Dil me rehte ho”
Hobbies and Money Factor
|Travelling, Book Reading
Social Media ID
Unknown Facts About Shiv Khera
- Does Shiv Khera drink? No
- Does Shiv Khera smoke? Yes
- Khera founded the Country First Foundation in 2002, a social activism organization whose mission is to “ensure freedom through education and justice”.
- In 2003, he stood as an independent candidate from the South Delhi constituency in the Indian general elections and “was badly defeated”.
- In 2007, he launched the Nationalist Equality Party of India.
- During the 2013 elections in India, he supported the Bharatiya Janata Party and campaigned for Lal Krishna Advani, a senior member of the party.
- Khera has filed several public interest litigations in the Supreme Court of India, and he unsuccessfully contested the 2010 general election in India on an anti-corruption platform.
- Shiv Kheda was one of the speakers at Bhagavad Gita Shikhar Sammelan (from 11 to 15 December 2022) during Gita Jayanti in Dallas, Texas, USA along with other notable personalities like Swami Mukundananda ji, Dr Menas Kaftos, Kiran Bedi, Brahmacharini Gloria Arieira .
- One of his books named “You Can Win: Empower Yourself and Grow” has gained immense popularity.
- His keynote in 2022 “You Can Achieve More: Be Unstoppable and Achieve More Winners don’t do things differently, they do things differently.” has become very popular.
- Important Message for Businessmen “Can Sell: Lead the Way by Mastering the Art of Selling with Integrity.”
- He said, I was on commission while selling life insurance and got paid only after selling.
- Shiv Khera says, but there were many people on salary who were not doing their job. That time I understood the difference between making money and earning money.
- Shiv Khera said in a speech, that’s when I understood that earning money is criminal and earning money is spiritual, because when you earn money, you put your energy and ethics behind it.
- Early on, he began volunteering his time in maximum security prisons in the US. These were not petty criminals.
- Khera began teaching attitude and self-esteem programs.
- Shiv Khera started his career after being inspired by the life of his idol.
People Also Ask About Shiv Khera
1. What is the total assets of Shiv Kheda?
ANS:- His total assets are around 5-6 crore Indian rupees.
2. What is the monthly income of Shiv Khera?
ANS:- His monthly income is 2 to 2.5 lakh rupees per month.
3. Who is the wife of Shiv Khera?
ANS:- His wife’s name is Isha Khera who is a housewife.
4. How many children does Shiv Khera have?
ANS:- They have a daughter named Shirsha Khera and she is currently studying in class 12th.
5. What is success by Shiv Kheda?
ANS:- Kheda says, success in life depends on our ability to sell. Honesty and courtesy are the key here, and they are not strategies but essential values of life. By clearly understanding the difference between the promises we make and the commitments we stand by, anyone can be a successful seller.