Tarun Gopi Bio & More
Tarun Gopi is an Indian actor, film director, screenwriter and film producer. He was born on 10 April 1980 at Gudalu in Theni district of Tamil Nadu. His first film as a side actor and director was Thimiru (2005), which went on to become one of the highest-grossing Tamil films of the year. He later ventured into acting roles, but has since prioritized his work as an actor beneath his directorial duties.
Tarun Gopi did his early education at Government Higher Secondary School and graduated from Madurai Kamaraj University with Bachelor of Accounting.
He joined as an assistant actor and director after completing his graduation and became an apprentice under directors Shakthi Chidambaram and Upendra. Tarun Gopi made his debut in the masala film, Thimiru (2005), starring Vishal in the lead role. He was keen to cast actress Shriya Reddy in a villainous role for this popular film and managed to sign her only after several rounds of negotiations, with the latter casting winning praise upon release.
The film opened in August 2007 to positive reviews. To which a critic from The Hindu added in 2008 “Gopi’s packaging and treatment make Thimiru attractive”. Thimiru turned out to be a blockbuster at the box office and Tarun Gopi immediately began pre-production work on another script by Madhavan, but later canceled the project.
His next venture was Kaalai (2007) starring Silambarasan and Vedika, which performed poorly at the box office and did not receive positive reviews. During the shooting of the film, Tarun had an altercation with Silambarasan, with the pair having an altercation at the shooting location. Also during 2008, he announced that he would star as the antagonist in Silambarasan’s directorial venture Ketavan and work on a bilingual film, “Nee Oda Naan Thurtha”, starring Prabhas, Lekha Washington, Ravi Krishna and Neela. . However, the former venture was shelved after a single event and the latter project came back into action.
Tarun Gopi then set up his own production studio in 2010 and started working on his home production venture, Kaatupaiya, where he will play himself in the lead role.
|Profession||Actor & Director|
|Famous for||Movies “Thimiru (2006), Kaalai (2008) and Mayandi Kudumbathar (2009). All these are among the biggest hits of his career.”|
|Date of Birth||10 April 1980|
|Age ( as in 2023)||43 Years|
|Birth place||Gudalu in Theni district of Tamil Nadu.|
|Residence||Gudalu in Theni district of Tamil Nadu.|
|School||Government Higher Secondary School|
|College/ University||Madurai Kamaraj University|
|Educational qualification||“Graduated” With Bachlore of Accounting|
Tarun Gopi’s Physical stats
|Height||5′ 6 Feet (178cm)|
|Weight (approx.)||67 kgs.|
Tarun Gopi’s Affairs
Family and more
|Favorite Food||Chicken biryani, age Kadhi Rice|
|Favorite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan|
|Favorite Actress||Madhuri Dixit|
|Favorite song||Hum tere shehar me aaye hai|
|Favorite Author||Jack Canfield|
|Favorite Musician||Mohit Suri and Lady Gaga|
|Favorite Perfume||Michael kors|
|Favorite Destination||Switzerland, Goa, Canada|
Hobbies and Money Factor
|Hobbies||Writing, Travelling, Acting|
|Net Worth||7 Crore INR|
Social Media ID
|Facebook ID||N/A (Will update soon)|
|Instagram ID||N/A (Will update soon)|
|You Tube Chanel||N/A (Will update soon)|
Unknown Fact About Tarun Gopi
- Does he drink alcohol or not? Yes
- Does he smoke sigrate or not? Yes
- According to media reports, the total assets of Tarun Gopi are said to be around Rs 7 crore.
- Tarun Gopi charges 15-20 lakh rupees for each of his films, which includes both his acting and direction.
- Tarun Gopi is a natural lover. He likes the natural environment very much.
- Tarun Gopi worships cow a lot.
- He did not succeed in bringing in Reemma Sen for the heroine’s role and later found it difficult to continue with the project, so decided to act and make his debut through Rasu Madhuravan’s Mayandi Kudumbathar (2007) along with nine other directors. decided. offer accepted.
- The film did well commercially at the box office and during a press meet for the film, Tarun Gopi lashed out at actors Vishal and Silambarasan for behaving poorly in their first directorial commitments.
- He accused the pair of tearing the promotional poster of Mayandi Kudumbathar and asked them not to continuously interfere in their respective films. Tarun Gopi’s temper was widely admired by his contemporaries in the film industry.
- Tarun Gopi planned to direct the Tamil remake of the successful Telugu film, Ullasamaga Utsavamaga in 2008, but the venture did not materialise.
- For need of a better source, he also appeared in the films Jeeva Poonga directed by Azhagappan and Ennai Itho.
- Sethu Vittai with Saranya Mohan during this period but none of the films were released in theatres.
- Similarly in 2011, he worked on a multi-starrer film titled Gyani with Saranya Nag and Saravana Kudil, but again not a single film was completed.
- After 2011, he directed and starred in other unreleased films such as Balamurugan’s Pechiyaka Marumagan and Vadivudaiyaan’s Kanniyam Kalaiyam Sema Kadhal with Karan.
- In 2012, he also made a public apology to actors he had harassed in the past.
- He completed production of Vari, a sequel to his previous film Thimiru, in 2016, though with a smaller budget, starring himself, Sandhya and Ramana in a different cast.
- In the audio launch program of the film, he expressed grief over the non-release of many of his films.
People Also Ask About Tarun Gopi
1. What is the net worth of Tarun Gopi?
ANS:- His net worth is around 7 crore rupees, according to a media report, the information is Ankara.
2. How many hit films has Tarun Gopi given so far?
ANS:- Tarun Gopi is known for Thimiru (2006), Kaalai (2008) and Mayandi Kudumbathar (2009). All these are among the biggest hits of his career.
3. What is the name of Tarun Gopi’s wife?
ANS:- Tarun Gopi is married, but his wife’s name is not yet known to the people.
4. Tell about Tarun Gopi’s family?
ANS:- No information about Gopi’s family has been given anywhere on the all over internet. Which we will update you soon.
5. What is the real age of Tarun Gopi?
ANS:- Tarun’s actual age as on 10 July 1980 is 43 years.