Taking care of your feet is equally important as much as you take care of your face. Feet constantly remain in touch with the ground, so they need to be well taken care of. It is especially crucial in the winters because the dry wind of this cold season makes the skin lifeless, dry, itchy, and cracked. Sure, you are layering up your feet with moisturizer but that’s not the only routine to achieve clean and beautiful feet.
If you want to retain the beauty of your feet, use Vega Pumice Stone and get clean, soft, and beautiful-looking feet at home just like what you get out of a Pedi session at a salon. You can choose the dual-sided pumice stone named 2 in 1 Foot Smoother & Massager or any other from the wide range of pumice stones available. Each of them also comes with a rope for easy hanging and they are comfortable to use. So, add to cart today!
Before diving into learning what is the right way to use a pumice stone, let’s understand what this stone is.
What is a Pumice Stone?
A pumice stone is an abrasive, yet light stone used to get rid of dead skin. This stone is also incredibly useful in removing calluses and corns that cause pain and discomfort to your skin. While there are innumerable pumice stone uses, it’s important to know the right way to use them to avoid cutting or chipping if it is not used correctly.
The benefits of using good-quality Pumice stone include:
- It helps remove dead skin cells.
- It gives softer and smoother skin thus allowing the moisturizer to work effectively on the area.
- It gives fresh skin while also brightening the area, if regularly cleaned by the stone.
- More comfortable feet, heels, elbows and knees.
Now that you have a basic idea, let’s understand the step-by-step guide on how to use a Pumice Stone:
How To Use a Pumice Stone?
- Soak Your Feet: Begin soaking your feet in lukewarm water for approximately 5-10 minutes to soften the skin before exfoliating. Don’t soak for too long else the skin will get wrinkled
- Let the Skin Soften: Pat dry the skin with a towel and wait for a few minutes for the skin to soften before you use a pumice stone
- Rinse Vega Pumice Stone: Dampen the pumice stone in warm water. Never use dry pumice stone because it may lead to injury like cuts or bruises
- Rubbing the Stone: Start rubbing the abrasive side of the pumice stone gently in circular motions. Keep going until the dead skin cells are effectively removed. Avoid pressing too hard and let the pumice stone do its work effectively
- Rinse Off: Focus on the areas of your feet and heels where the dead skin is built up. Now, rinse the dry skin off and check carefully if you have cleaned properly. Clean the pumice stone after every session for a clean and effective surface
- Moisturize the Skin: Once you are done with exfoliating, pat dry your feet with towel. Apply moisturizer such as coconut oil or your regular body lotion to get soft and supple skin easily.
Use Vega pumice stone at least thrice a week for soft and supple skin. In order to take care of pumice stone and prevent bacterial growth, keep it clean by following the steps mentioned below:
- Store it properly in a closed area. Make sure it is not stored in contact with any liquid or soap.
- It is extremely important to clean the pumice stone to remove the dirt or bacteria accumulation post cleaning the affected area of your body. Simply rinse under running water and you’re good to go. Let it dry completely before storing it in a closed area.
- Unlike shampoo or body wash, don’t share your pumice stone with others.
Pumice stone is a convenient yet effective way to get rid of dead skin cells and get the smooth and soft feet of your dreams. So, don’t wait for your salon appointment when you can maintain your feet health at home using Vega Pumice Stones. You can also use this effective tool on knees and elbows to get cleaner skin. Just ensure to follow the right ways to use a pumice stone depending upon the area of the body where you are applying.
At Vega, we have a range of excellent pedicure tools and beauty accessories that can help you pamper your skin at home every day. So, browse through our website today and say hello to fabulous and fresh skin at the comfort of your home!